The Sr. Analyst is responsible for providing general litigation technology support to case teams. Serves as an interface between attorneys, paralegals, internal support groups and outside service providers.
- Serves as primary, hands-on technical expert, performing data intake and manipulation tasks required by their cases.
- Consults and assists attorneys and paralegals on specific case needs to identify discovery document management tools and solutions for transcripts, pleadings and correspondence.
- Prepares plans, schedules and budgets for case specific support such as document collection, processing, review, production and trial; advises case teams on Firm’s Best Practices for managing electronic discovery.
- Liaises with information technology and other administrative departments of the Firm to support case team requirements for services such as SFTP transfer, securing source code, and war room setup.
- Develops healthy working relationships with client-approved vendors.
- Administers legal teams’ document review databases, including user rights management, database and coding form design, indexing, import/export of fielded data, OCR/extracted text, and metadata.
- Manipulates and prepares early case reports of load files and raw data.
- Assists with preparation of search strategy for culling of documents based on discussions with legal team and knowledge of query syntax in early case assessment/culling and document review platforms.
- Interprets discovery data specifications and provides feasibility feedback to legal team.
- Prepares productions according to agreed-upon format.
- Provides patient training and support of Firm Software to legal teams and corporate clients.
- Assists department leadership and other Analysts in preparation of various standardized procedures and materials.
Balchelors degree, at least four years of experience in an AMLAW200 law firm or legal environment and/or a thorough understanding of the requirements of litigation support, legal documents, and procedural requirements.