This position within the legal department of an international financial institution works in asset-backed lending and securitization.
- Broad transactional coverage of the firm’s asset backed lending, securitization and structured finance businesses within global markets
- Support multi-strategy businesses that purchase, trade in, make markets and advise on and/or securitize large positions in commercial and residential mortgages, mortgage related securities, consumer and Fintech loans, CLO, ABS and other loan products.
- Draft, review, and advise on a wide variety of structured finance and asset backed securities transactions, including warehouse lending transactions, mortgage loan originations, repurchase transactions, securitizations, repacks and other mortgage-related derivatives and loan products
- Be actively involved in the management of legal, regulatory and reputational risk, including close coordination with other risk functions
- Advise on Dodd Frank and other laws and regulations governing the structured finance and derivatives markets. Expertise on the Volcker Rule is a plus
- Advise the trading and structuring groups in relation to the legal and regulatory framework governing the securities and derivatives markets, including without limitation the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and Dodd-Frank
- Work autonomously with various trading and structuring groups to structure transactions that achieve internal and/or client objectives (including, but not limited to, tax and/or accounting efficiency
- Solid experience in capital markets, asset acquisition, CMBS, RMBS, CLO, consumer loans and other asset backed and lending transactions
- Experience representing underwriters, issuers, managers in a wide range of CMBS, RMBS, CLO, consumer loans and other asset backed financings including registered public offerings, exempt transactions and international and domestic offerings
- Familiarity with broker-dealer regulation, Dodd Frank, Reg AB, CFPB, state and federal regulators, lending, bankruptcy and various fixed income and derivative products and asset classes
- A strong understanding of U.S. securities laws
- Juris Doctor Degree or equivalent
- Admitted and in good standing in the State of New York
- Work experience as attorney in the structured finance and securitization industry