A law firm in New York is seeking a Business Intelligence Manager to work with their Financial Services industry group. This position is one of three Managers on the team reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer. The Manager provides the lawyers and other professionals focused on the financial services industry, with industry, company and competitor information and analysis that will aid in the development and achievement of strategic goals and tactical objectives.
• Utilizes an open-source approach to monitor financial market news for key developments and opportunities and proactively distribute findings to financial sector practices.
• Produces in-depth research and analysis on companies, industries, markets, and competitors and delivers objective, meaningful insights in concise, compelling ways.
• Utilizes capital markets financial modeling software to extract and distill information into intelligence that informs client matters and strategic initiatives.
• Engages productively with the financial sector-focused practices to stay informed on evolving client issues and market conditions.
• Participates in the strategic development of practice and industry plans for targeted client development.
• Collaborates with colleagues across multiple departments, including Research Services, Finance, IT and Marketing to promote knowledge and information sharing by leveraging clients with other open source information resources.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Previous roles must have provided a variety of research and analytical perspectives and frameworks. Law firm experience is preferred. Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite including a mastery of Excel.